• Communicating with the NC State Parks & Recreation division, park rangers, state legislators, local chapters and
the general public about concerns, needs and issues affecting state parks.
• Leveraging independent, nonprofit capabilities to address needs in areas where government action
may be restricted.
• Raising money to complement government funding for park improvements and education initiatives.
• Providing financial, legal and outreach resources to local Friends chapters and bringing chapters together for
• Engaging local communities by maintaining membership and sponsorship programs focused on supporting our
state parks and projects.
• Coordinating volunteer efforts to support programs, events and other park initiatives.
• Providing a means to request and manage legacy gifts and other investment opportunities.
• Promoting healthy, outdoor recreational opportunities at NC state parks.
• Encouraging youth involvement in parks through environmental education programs.
• Developing initiatives to increase the diversity and inclusiveness of state park use.
Friends of State Parks, Inc.
PO Box 37655
Raleigh, NC 27627
Friends of State Parks, Inc. is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization (tax identification number 58-1634155) under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
© 2020 Friends of State Parks, Inc. All Rights Reserved