NCFSP Mission, Vision and Values
NCFSP and its local chapters protect and care for North Carolina state parks through advocacy, support and education.
To serve the mission and needs of the North Carolina state park system as an independent, nonprofit advocate,
provide support at a local level through NCFSP chapters, and act as a source of park information and environmental
education to the general public.
A beautiful, healthy and accessible North Carolina state park system for the enjoyment and appreciation of all.
PASSION: Commit to the stewardship of NC’s scenic landscapes and natural resources..
EDUCATION: Inform and inspire to encourage public engagement.
ADVOCACY: Act as a voice for state parks at the state and local levels.
COMMUNITY: Welcome all to be a part of our community and mission.
TRANSPARENCY: Communicate clearly about our actions and desired goals.
How do we accomplish our mission?
• Communicating with the NC State Parks & Recreation division, park rangers, state legislators, local chapters and
the general public about concerns, needs and issues affecting state parks.
• Leveraging independent, nonprofit capabilities to address needs in areas where government action
may be restricted.
• Raising money to complement government funding for park improvements and education initiatives.
• Providing financial, legal and outreach resources to local Friends chapters and bringing chapters together for
• Engaging local communities by maintaining membership and sponsorship programs focused on supporting our
state parks and projects.
• Coordinating volunteer efforts to support programs, events and other park initiatives.
• Providing a means to request and manage legacy gifts and other investment opportunities.
• Promoting healthy, outdoor recreational opportunities at NC state parks.
• Encouraging youth involvement in parks through environmental education programs.
Have Amazon donate a percentage of your purchases to Friends of State Parks.